Thursday, May 29, 2008

Beaded Rings as Bridesmaids Gifts!

Bridesmaids gifts are important.
It's your chance to tell the most important women in your life just how much they mean to you. These are women who have shared tears with you, maybe a sister who's pulled your hair out a few times, the girlfriend that you got caught with as you were sneaking out of the house late at night or maybe the girlfriend that you got a speeding ticket with (or two). These women have been through a lot just by knowing you! They deserve something extra thoughtful and special from you. Say THANK YOU in a big way!

So over Memorial Day, I made a couple of beaded rings that I think would make perfect bridesmaid gifts! As a matter of fact, I've been wearing the all fresh water pearl ring every day since! But before I start talking about the rings...I must write down a few of my fondest memories that I've shared with my bridesmaids. ;-)

Here are just a few things that my special bridesmaids and I have been through together.
  1. Amber, my little sister...oh, god...the memories... From packing each others underwear with Barbie doll clothes in an attempt to lessen the sting of the spanking we new was coming our way to me helping her learn how to breast feed for the first time by strategically positioning her 10lb boob (like I have a clue! I'm 33, recently married with no children). What haven't we been through together?


  2. Diane and I go back about 8-9 years and together we've cried on each others shoulders too many times because some asshole was an asshole again, we've shared gallons of booz together, lots of hikes together around beautiful Colorado and we're currently planning our Girlfriends Extravaganza party in honor of the long awaited SEX IN THE CITY movie!!!


  3. Wendy and I have been friends since high school (yes, it's already been 16 years). Together we shook our pom poms in sync with our hips (but Wendy, for some reason every time I look at old dance pictures your poms are always going one way and your hips another...we need to work on that). We rode the streets hanging on to the waists of our men, wind blowing in our hair and praying to God that we didn't crash because we were wearing daisy dukes and no helmet - yes, it's true. We were crotch rocket biker babes at the prime age of 17-18 years old. LOL I can't say anymore because even our mom's still don't know all of the messes we got ourselves into.

  4. I met Kim at the ripe age of 30. She lived in the corner house and neighbors often witnessed me walking down the block in her direction carrying pitchers of margs and only carrying two glasses. Together we've already gotten the label of "boozies" from my new husband. As Wendy's husband likes to say...we've gotten our swerve on zillions of times. LOL We've laughed so many times that I don't think I've ever (almost) peed my pants from laughing so much.


  5. Caren is Todd's little sister, yet incredibly wise for her age. I've enjoyed seeing her grow into herself over the years and she's turned into one heck of a remarkable woman. I'm thrilled that she's moving out to Colorado next month so we can become even closer. I'm not sure if she knows what she's getting herself into (because she's about to see alot of me!), but I can't wait. It'll be so nice to finally have family out here and I'm so excited!

So here's my point...I'm sure that you have your own funny, crazy and memorable stories of your own. So treat your bridesmaids to something special. You can absolutely create a wonderful gift on any budget!

Pearl & Light Blue Ring

The first ring that I made on Memorial Day was illustrated in Bead Fantasies IV, by Takako Samejima on page 17-19. This wasn't the easiest ring that I've ever made, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.

This ring would be most appropriate for a Spring or Summer wedding.



Fresh Water Pearl Ring
This ring was soooo easy! I found the design in the book titled Beads, Buttons and Bijoux, by Nathalie Delhaye on page 32 - 34. The instructions said to use seed beads, but instead I chose approximately 3mm & 4-5mm fresh water pearls for my ring. I love it! I wear pearl earings alot so this ring ties my earings and my grandma's diamond and pearl necklace together perfectly.

This ring is good for all seasons! Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter.


So there ya have it ladies! Pick the one you like most. Don't forget to make yourself one too. ;-)

Happy crafting!




Sincerely,


Celina Baginski
HSW Editor

1 comment:

m said...

I love your freshwater pearl rings!!! I always loved your beautiful hands too..did you know that? LOL...I am so being for real! You are so talented!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online