Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Weddings Are a Big Deal!

My wedding was a big deal. It seemed as though I had planned for it for years. As a little girl, I dreamed and wished for the perfect man and for a wedding as sentimental as I. By the time my day came, I knew exactly what type of wedding would suite me best (thank god Todd went along with it).

I'm very crafty, so I knew I wanted to make all of the little things that would make our wedding unique and thoughtful. I love to create handmade gifts, so I planned and made gifts that kept on coming. I had a budget, that's for sure, but it wasn't going to put a damper on my dreams. Instead it was motivation to get even more creative. Was it exhausting? Oh, yes. Was it worth it? Heck yeah!

I thought, "When will I ever again spend tens of thousands for a party that I'm the star of?" Um...let's see...oh yeah. Probably never. It was my time to do it right. To perfect every detail to the extent that I cared most about. This grand event was a reflection of who I was down to every beaded necklace and every illuminated lantern. I'm so glad that I spent the time on the details that mattered most to me. When I think back on my wedding memories, I don't just think about "the day." I think about the hundreds of days leading up to it.

I think about the night I laid awake trying to figure how I could get perfect rounded paper corners cut for 100+ save-the dates. Then shortly after, I walked into Archivers for the first time and thought that I had died and gone to heaven. Paper corners...piece of cake! I think about what it took to figure out how the heck I could create the illuminated lanterns in a portable way so we could get them to Mexico without breaking. I think about my back-to-back mini panic attacks while getting ready with my bridesmaids in our room. I also remember when my nose started running at the alter because I was crying and thinking of all of the extra hand sewn tissue pouches that were just 20 feet from me! (I ended up wiping my nose with the back of my hand twice before Todd remembered that he had one of the tissue pouches in his pocket. LOL At least I remembered not to wipe my hand on my dress afterwards.) Oh, yeah...and I remember the holes that burnt through my gown during the private fire and drum show we had the night before because the wind kept blowing the kerosine my way.

Oh yes...these are my memories. And you know what? I cherish each and everyone of them.

My vision is to help you handcraft a wedding that's a true reflection of yourself for everyone to see; to help you perfect every detail to the extent that you care most about. Throughout your wedding journey, you'll weave memories that will last your lifetime. Make the most of it! And don't forget to send me pictures...

Happy crafting!

Sincerely,

Celina Baginski
HSW Editor

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online